Portfolio Shines at San Francisco World Spirits Competition and Ultimate Spirits Challenge
SAN FRANCISCO (June 14, 2017) – Judges at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) and the Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USC) have spoken and the newest member of the Campari America family is a winner: Grand Marnier® Cuvée du Centenaire brought home a Double Gold Medal from SFWSC and received 99 points and a Chairman’s Trophy from USC. Complementing that, Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge also received a Double Gold Medal and Best in Show recognition from SFWSC. Campari America’s entire portfolio continues to shine bright at these competitions: Glen Grant® and Russell’s Reserve® were awarded Double Gold Medals, while Appleton® Estate proved itself again with three Gold Medals from SFWSC. Wild Turkey® Rare Breed Barrel Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon and the recently released Bond & Lillard® Kentucky Straight Bourbon are strengthening the whiskey portfolio with two Gold Medals from SFWSC.
“Year after year, Campari America’s brands excel at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and the Ultimate Spirits Challenge,” states Ugo Fiorenzo, Managing Director at Campari America. “Scoring big with judges across our product lines is recognition that our company has built one of the most complete and well-rounded premium portfolios in the industry.”
San Francisco World Spirits Competition Scores at a Glance
- 28 Medals Total
- Five Double Gold Medals: Grand Marnier Cuvée du Centenaire Liqueur, Grand Marnier Cuvée 1880 Liqueur, Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge (Best in Show), Glen Grant 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch, Russell’s Reserve® Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Five Gold Medals: Appleton Estate 12 Year Old Rare Blend, Appleton Estate 21 Year Old, Appleton Estate JOY 25 Year Old Anniversary, Bond & Lillard Kentucky Straight Bourbon, Wild Turkey Rare Breed
- 12 Silver Medals: Appleton Estate Signature Blend, Appleton Estate Reserve Blend, Braulio®, BULLDOG® Gin, Carolans® Irish Cream, Forty Creek® Double Barrel Reserve Canadian Whisky, Glen Grant 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch, Russell’s Reserve 6 Year Old Straight Rye Whiskey, SKYY Infusions® California Apricot, SKYY Infusions Bartlett Pear, Wild Turkey 81 Rye Whiskey, Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel Bourbon, Wild Turkey Master’s Keep Decades, Wray & Nephew® Overproof Rum
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is the first comprehensive, international spirits judging event ever held in the United States on an annual basis. This year was the largest in the competition’s 17-year history with 1,850 entries. The judging panel is comprised of more than 40 spirits experts from restaurants and hotels, well-known spirits journalists, spirits buyers for large purveyors and spirits consultants.
Ultimate Spirits Challenge Scores at a Glance:
- 24 spirits scored
- 90 and above: Appleton Estate 21 Year Old (98; Chairman’s Trophy), BULLDOG GIN (91), Cinzano 1757 (95; Finalist), Forty Creek Confederation Oak Reserve Canadian Whisky (94; Finalist), Glen Grant 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch (95; Finalist; Great Value), Glen Grant 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch (94), Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge (96; Finalist; Great Value), Grand Marnier Cuvee du Centenaire (99; Chairman’s Trophy), Grand Marnier 1880 (97; Finalist), Grand Marnier Quintessence (96; Finalist), Russell’s Reserve Rye 6 Year Old Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey (95; Finalist), Wild Turkey Forgiven (96; Chairman’s Trophy), Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel Bourbon (93), Wray and Nephew Rum (93; Great Value)
- 80 and above: Braulio (89), Espolón® Reposado (89), Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky (89; Great Value), Forty Creek Copper Pot Reserve Canadian Whisky (87), Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach (86), Russell’s Reserve Small Batch Single Barrel Bourbon (89), SKYY Infusions California Apricot (84), SKYY Infusions Bartlett Pear (84), Wild Turkey 81 Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey (86; Great Value)
The Ultimate Spirits is a definitive spirits competition that provides unparalleled value, offering results that are reliable and easily understandable in today’s marketplace. The competition creates opportunities for the industry and establishes the platinum standard that defines what beverage evaluation should be. Each product is reviewed under ideal tasting conditions over a period of time that allows the product to express its best characteristics and is evaluated blind by panels in multi-stages assessments to remove any inherent or individual bias. Trade buyers and consumers recognize and respond to the value of Ultimate Beverage Challenge accolades and scores.
About Campari America
Campari America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI – Bloomberg CPR IM). At the heart of Campari America are two legends in the American spirits industry. The first, Skyy Spirits, was founded in San Francisco back in 1992 by the entrepreneur who invented iconic SKYY Vodka. The second is the world-famous Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, where they have been making the world’s finest whiskies since the 1800’s. Both companies were purchased by Davide Campari-Milano and together they form Campari America, which has built a portfolio unrivaled in its quality, innovation and style, making it a top choice among distributors, retailers and consumers. Campari America manages Gruppo Campari’s portfolio in the US with such leading brands as SKYY® Vodka, SKYY Infusions®, Grand Marnier®, Campari®, Aperol®, Wild Turkey® Straight Kentucky Bourbon, American Honey®, Russell’s Reserve®, Glen Grant® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Forty Creek® Canadian Whisky, BULLDOG® Gin, Cabo Wabo® Tequila, Espolón® Tequila, Appleton® Estate Rum, Wray & Nephew® Rum, Coruba® Rum, Ouzo 12®, X-Rated® Fusion Liqueur®, Frangelico®, Cynar®, Averna®, Braulio®, Carolans Irish Cream®, Irish Mist® Liqueur and Jean-Marc XO Vodka®.
Campari America is headquartered in San Francisco, California. More information on the company can be found at www.campariamerica.com, www.facebook.com/campariamerica, Twitter: @CampariAmerica and www.camparigroup.com. Please enjoy Campari America brands responsibly and in moderation.
About Gruppo Campari
Gruppo Campari is a major player in the global spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, spreading across Global, Regional and Local priorities. Global Priorities, the Group’s key focus, include Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, SKYY, Wild Turkey and Grand Marnier. Gruppo Campari was founded in 1860 and today is the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. It has a global distribution reach, trading in over 190 nations around the world with leading positions in Europe and the Americas. The Group’s growth strategy aims to combine organic growth through strong brand building and external growth via selective acquisitions of brands and businesses.
Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Gruppo Campari owns 18 plants and 1 winery worldwide and has its own distribution network in 20 countries. The Group employs approximately 4,000 people. The shares of the parent company Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI – Bloomberg CPR IM) have been listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. For more information: www.camparigroup.com/en
Please enjoy our brands responsibly
Dave Karraker Ben Palos
Campari America Benson Marketing Group
(415) 315-8000 (707) 254-1167