Appleton® Estate Jamaica Rum Debuts New Blend Names and Packaging
KINGSTON, JAMAICA (June 1, 2015) – Appleton® Estate Jamaica Rum today unveiled a new look for its premium rum range. While making no changes to the award-winning liquid, Appleton Estate announced a new naming classification and packaging design for its core range that conveys the quality, care and passion that goes into producing these premium rums and emphasizes the crafted blends that fill each bottle. The new packaging will make its way to store shelves in the U.S. this June.
Richard Black, Global Integration Director for Rums at Gruppo Campari explains, “We wanted the new packaging to capture the craftsmanship and exceptional quality of our range and to celebrate the uniqueness of the Appleton Estate, including our heritage, our land, our process and our people.”
Adds Appleton Estate Master Blender Joy Spence, “Although the names and packaging for our three core variants have changed, the award winning liquid inside the bottle remains the same. While packaging trends come and go, there is no cause to change a finely crafted rum that dates back 265 years.”
Appleton Estate makes some of the world’s finest rums, which is in part attributable to the fact that each step of the rum-making process occurs on Estate-owned property. From the growing and pressing of sugar cane to distillation and aging, Appleton Estate Jamaican rum is 100 percent Jamaican from “cane to cup.”
- Bottle: Appleton Estate’s iconic bottle, which has been a hallmark of the brand since it was first launched, has been retained to provide consumers with a familiar visual cue.
- Closure: The cap now includes the signature of Master Blender Joy Spence, the first female Master Blender in the spirits industry, to reinforce Appleton Estate’s crafted approach to producing rum. “Estate Distilled” & “Jamaica Rum” are repeated at the base of the closure to highlight the brand’s Estate and Jamaican provenance.
- Cartouche: The names of the variants have been moved from the cartouche to the main label, and Appleton Estate’s rich heritage as a rum producing establishment since 1749 is now highlighted on the cartouche.
- Label: The new label now features the lush landscape of the Appleton Estate and Jamaica’s world-famous Cockpit Country, where the Estate is located. Historic medals awarded to Appleton Estate, which date back to the 1800’s, are featured on the bottom left of the label, and Appleton Estate’s heart icon appears as a watermark on the bottom right.
- Logo: The Appleton Estate logo has been updated with the new “heart icon” and the words “Crafted in the heart of Jamaica” have been placed under it to speak to the care and passion that goes into making Appleton Estate rum. This icon is also found on Appleton Estate barrelheads, signifying the love and human craftsmanship that goes into making every barrel. The geographical location of the Appleton Estate, in the heart of Jamaica, has been added as well.
The names, packaging and liquid for our luxury brands, Appleton Estate 21 Year Old Jamaica Rum and Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum, will not be changing at all.
With the packaging refresh, Appleton Estate is also updating the names of three of its core products to give them more defined profiles and clearer denomination. Product name changes are as follows:
The New Packaging:
|Previous Name||Current Name|
|Appleton Estate V/X||Appleton Estate Signature Blend|
|Appleton Estate Reserve||Appleton Estate Reserve Blend|
|Appleton Estate Extra 12 Year Old||Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old|
For more information please contact:
Sarah Bessette Andrea Braunstein
Campari America Edible
ABOUT APPLETON ESTATE JAMAICA RUM
Nestled in the heart of Jamaica in the beautiful, lush Nassau Valley in the island’s famed Cockpit Country lies the Appleton Estate. For over 265 years, the people at the Appleton Estate have crafted authentic, premium rums using time honoured traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation. From cane to cup, our critically acclaimed rums are created by the environment, ingredients, and practices that are unique to our estate. Our unique terroir, with its ideal climate, fertile soil and topography, the natural spring that supplies our water for fermentation, through to distillation, ageing and blending all combine to produce rums that are delicious and alive, vivid and deep with complex flavours and aromas.
Appleton Estate’s core range offers three premium rums: Appleton Estate Signature Blend, Appleton Estate Reserve Blend and Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old. In addition, Appleton Estate also has two ultra-premium rums: Appleton Estate 21 Year Old Jamaica Rum and Appleton Estate 50 Year Old Jamaica Rum which is a limited edition 50 year old minimum age rum.
Appleton Estate has a deep and serious respect for the land and has undertaken several environmentally friendly initiatives, both at the Appleton Estate and at our headquarters in Kingston to ensure that our operations are green.
Website: Appletonestate.com; Facebook: appletonestate
ABOUT GRUPPO CAMPARI
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A., together with its affiliates (‘Gruppo Campari’), is a major player in the global beverage sector, trading in over 190 nations around the world with leading positions in Europe and the Americas. The Group was founded in 1860 and today is the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. The Group’s portfolio, with over 50 brands, spans spirits, the core business, wines and soft drinks. Internationally-renowned brands include Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, Cinzano, SKYY and Wild Turkey. Headquartered in Sesto San Giovanni, Italy, Campari owns 16 plants and 3 wineries worldwide and has its own distribution network in 19 countries. The Group employs approximately 4,000 people. The shares of the parent company, Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI – Bloomberg CPR IM), are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. For more information: http://www.camparigroup.com
Please enjoy our brands responsibly.